Global Metabolomics by chemical isotope labeling LC-MS
This service aims at comprehensively and quantitatively exploring the whole metabolome without any prior information, providing a global view of a sample. It tries to detect, quantify and compare as many metabolites as possible between samples without bias.
To increase metabolome coverage and achieve accurate quantification for all detectable metabolites, we use a Chemical Isotope Labeling (CIL) Metabolomics Platform for metabolome analysis. The whole metabolome is analyzed by combining the analysis of four submetabolomes: amine/phenol, carboxyl, carbonyl and hydroxyl submetabolome. The combined results from four channels are able to cover 85% to 95% of the entire chemical space of the metabolome. However, a user can choose the labeling method(s) to analyze one or more chemical-group-based submetabolomes, depending on budget and desired coverage. Using one submetabolome analysis, we detect and perform accurate relative quantification of up to 2,500 metabolites (not features) in many different types of samples, including urine, blood, plant extract and cell extracts. Using a combination of four submetabolome analysis, we can cover over 7,000 to 10,000 metabolites (sample dependent) per sample.
For the analysis, we will do sample preparation, metabolite extraction, chemical labeling, LC-MS analysis, data analysis, metabolite ID, and statistical analysis (PCA, PLS-DA, Volcano plots). We will provide a summary of our analysis and statistical results. The peak pairs (metabolites) detected, positive or putative IDs, and their relative quantification data will be summarized in an Excel file, which can be used for further analysis such as uploading to MetaboAnalyst for more statistical analysis or pathway analysis.
For more information about our different options and levels of metabolome coverage:
- Basic Global Metabolomics Analysis by Chemical Isotope Labeling LC-MS
- Elevated Global Metabolomics Analysis by Chemical Isotope Labeling LC-MS
- Comprehensive Global Metabolomics Analysis by Chemical Isotope Labeling LC-MS
Accurate, relative quantification with the use of chemical isotope labeled standards and structural confirmation with MS/MS for high confidence identification for discovery metabolomics.
Accurate, relative quantification based on chemical isotope labelling
Metabolite identification is based on three-tiered ID approach:
Tier 1: CIL Library based on accurate mass, RT and peak pairs.
Tier 2: Linked Identity Library, high confidence putative identifications (90% accurate) based on accurate mass and predicted RTs.
Tier 3: MyCompoundID based on masses.
Tier 1 - 291
Tier 2 - 918 high confidence putative IDs
Tier 3 - 7633 metabolites (tier 3 does not include those already identified in tiers 1 and 2)
Basic statistics included
Chemical isotope labling LC-QTOF-MS
BASIC Global Metabolomics by CIL LC-MS:
- Academic: $120/sample ($90 USD/sample)
- Industry: $156/sample ($117USD/sample)
ELEVATED Global Metabolomics by CIL LC-MS:
- Academic: $213/sample ($160 USD/sample)
- Industry: $277/sample ($208 USD/sample)
COMPREHENSIVE Global Metabolomics by CIL LC-MS:
- Academic: $399/sample ($300 USD/sample)
- Industry: $519/sample ($390 USD/sample)
Flexible Global Metabolomics by CIL LC-MS:
- Academic: $120 CAD/sample ($90 USD/sample) for the first channel
- $93 CAD ($70 USD/sample) for any additional channel. For example, choose 3 channels: $120+2x$93=$306 CAD ($90+2x$70=$230 USD) per sample.
Industry: $156 CAD/sample ($117 USD/sample) for the first channel
- $121 CAD ($91 USD/sample) for any additional channel. For example, choose 3 channels: $156+2x$121=$398 CAD ($117+2x$91=$299 USD) per sample.
Notes: International clients, use USD. The above prices apply to sample size of >24. If less than 24 samples, add 20% extra.
- Biofluid: 20-100 uL
- Other samples: 1-5 mg lyophilized powder