Looking for a job in the exciting field of metabolomics research? The Metabolomics Innovation Centre (TMIC) is hiring!
We are a nationally-funded core facility that has a unique combination of state-of-the-art infrastructure and personnel that keeps us on the cutting-edge of metabolomic studies.
Led by Dr. David Wishart (University of Alberta) and supported by a team of lab managers, NMR spectroscopists, mass spectrometrists, chemists, computer scientists, statisticians and bioinformaticians we offer an exciting workplace with lots of opportunities to learn and discover!
Looking for a space to conduct metabolomic-related research and recieve one-on-one mentoring? Since 2011 TMIC has offered a "research hotel" for visiting scientists, students and PDFs. Click here for more information!
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN CHEMINFORMATICS
The Metabolomics Innovation Centre
Posted on 2019-02-01, open until filled
The Metabolomics Innovation Centre (TMIC) is centred on the North Campus of the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Under the scientific direction of Dr. David Wishart, TMIC is Canada’s core metabolomics facility. A major focus of TMIC is the maintenance and development of new and improved chemical and bioinformatic resources for metabolomics analysis. Informatics resources available include a wide array of custom and commercial software and databases. This post is available immediately.
• PhD in cheminformatics or bioinformatics
• Experience with SMARTS, SMILES, SMIRKS and InChI
• Experience with Ruby on Rails and other web development and prototyping platforms
• Knowledge of R, Python, Pearl
• Experience with server system maintenance
• Familiarity with metabolomics
• Experience with data analysis including MS and NMR spectral analysis preferred
• Familiarity with machine learning an asset
• work with a team of programmers, developers and trainees
• develop new resources
• improve existing resources
• trouble shoot issues
• draft manuscripts for publications
• mentor graduate students or junior staff
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta offers appointments on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.